← Previous Photo
1799 Fairview Drive
Next Photo →
Valley Bar

Sunny Acres

Permanent Link: http://photos.aroundcarson.com/details/20060323orphanage1950s
Shortlink: http://photos.aroundcarson.com/d/266

Description

The stone children's home that used to sit on Fifth Street, just east of Stewart, was renamed “Sunny Acres” in 1948 to project a kinder image. It was built in 1903 to replace the wooden structure that had burned down. This photo is from the 1950s. It was demolished in 1963.

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

160x103 | 250x160 | 500x321 | 800x515

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

160x103 | 250x160 | 500x321 | 800x515

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: March 23, 2006


Post A Comment